Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Cenk's training diary and team update


We had our last team training two weeks ago. Kayaking was completely different than the first training, no capsizing this time and with more favourable weather conditions, we all enjoyed kayaking more.

Since then my training has been inconsistent. I put the blame on a mysterious bug preventing me from training after work but good news is now I am back- or it seems!

I am running regularly and will start swimming very soon. Besides I am changing jobs, it is my last week at Mercure Hotel Sydney Airport and if things go according to plan, I will cycle regularly to my new work.

In a previous job I cycled to work and loved it. A great way to start the day, I was fresh after riding, and I got the exercise of the day out of the way. Besides it is free and eco-friendly. Looking forward to commuting by bike again.

In September, we are going to be back at team training with outrigging sessions. Stay tuned for our outrigging training stories- should be fun.

Great news is “ Against Oll Odds” is still leading on the fundraising front and thank you once again for all for your generous donations.

It is never too late to donate so if you have not already done so, click on the link on the right side of the page.

We want to lead the way with the donations and we are doing our best in training for our charity race.

1 comment:

Mark Pollard said...

Wow Cenk. Those pants look kind of tight. Must be a Turkish thing :) Good meeting you!