Monday, October 13, 2008

FIJI HERE WE COME!


We had our last session in outrigging and that included capsizing in Sydney Harbour. Luckily the weather was hot- the water wasn’t! Yet, we all thought doing it here in Sydney is much better than the real thing in Fiji.

We are all training hard and Trish had her very first ocean swim, she is going from strength to strength.

My fortunes were a bit mixed, I fell of my bike when I was cycling on a track in Blue Mountains and I could not train for a whole week as my shoulder did not let me. But with some physiotherapy and some rest, I am back and much relieved. It would be a disaster to come this close to the race and miss it due to injury. Last Saturday I had a “ dress rehearsal” which included swimming, outrigging and cycling and I was so sore ( the outrigging session was very intense) that I had to stay home and rest on Sunday.

Hard to believe that around this time next week, we will be competing at Fiji. We are so excited and looking forward to it!

Thank you again for our supporters and last call for those of you who are contemplating!

Help us reach our goal: $20 000, there is now only one week to the race and you can donate online just by clicking on the link on this page.

No comments: